WhatsApp: +41 78 911 31 96
Signed in as:
WhatsApp: +41 78 911 31 96
Signed in as:
We have small children ourselves, and know how challenging it can be when travelling with children - therefore, at The Swiss Cottage we have done our best to provide just a few items for you to use which will provide the best comfort and safety for you and your family.
We have highlighted a few of the things available for your use with babies, toddlers and small children.
Where to go with children
There is so much to explore around the local area with children, but you may wish to do some research first so that you visit an age appropriate place / activity.
There are a number of wonderful places which cater for all ages, such as the beaches of Scarborough, Whitby and many of the beautiful bays and villages along the North East Coast. Dalby Forest offers a whole host of activities from bike trails, to star gazing - and sometimes even has organised music events. Julia Donaldson, the much loved British children‘s picture book author has also teamed up with the forestry to add some delightful trails for the younger members of their visitors.
We have put together a few recommendations for you on our website. But if you find anything outstanding which we haven’t found ourselves, please do let us know! We‘d love to check them out too.
You can contact us via our facebook page or email us directly on:
* Pickering Castle
* Walk through Newbridge Park to Pickering Community Park and play area. Toilet facilities are there, and plenty of space for ball play and picnics.
* Sunday 09:00 Community Park - Junior Park Run! Free to participate, you just need to register first online - Park Run
* Beck Isle Museum
* Flamingo Land in Kirby Misperton - Adventure theme park and zoo
* Dalby Forest - walks, bikes, climbing, stream exploring, playgrounds, playing fields, learning, bouldering, GO APE, Star gazing, concerts, and more…
* North Yorkshire Moors Railway - seasonal events - Winter lights, Christmas special with Santa, Lunches, Dinners, and regular services across the moors and on towards Whitby
* Mallyan Spout Waterfall by Goathland
* Pickering Swimming pool
* Exploring the Pickering shops and markets
* Malton cinema
* Beaches! - The great east coast is yours to explore - Robin Hoods Bay, Staithes, Scarborough, Bridlington, Filey
* Bempton Nature Reserve - spotting puffins, Albatros x 1, and a huge wealth of British seasonal sea visitors
* Baby change mat and fabric covers
* Baby bed/travel cot, with additional mattress and cover for comfort
* Bed roll guard
* Toddlers toilet seat
* Toddler plates, bowls, spoons, knives, forks, cups
* Baby learning spoons / brai spoons (for very early feeding of solids)
* Toddler towels
* Baby bath
* 2 toddler steps for reaching the sink
* fixed child gate at the top of the main stairs
* retractable gate at the bottom of the stairs (for peace of mind to stop them toddling up)
* extra stair guard for second stairs (guests can choose to use this)
* Tripp Trapp high chair with harness and baby table available
* Booster seat which can be used on main dining room chairs
* Selection of toys from young to old
* Small selection of books
* Nintendo Wii (you may need to source some batteries)
If you have any needs, just send us a message. We’re very happy to support. We can also offer advice on local play parks, attractions, etc…
Check out this great little Stop Motion our children prepared to show you what is heading over to the cottage in October.
Just a little less for you to pack, and more to allow your own child the freedom to try! To give self feeding a good go. They learn best by trying, but definitely still need our support 😉
When you book with The Swiss Cottage, we will provide the use of a Mud Daddy 5L pet washing device which will be kept in the porch so you can quickly, and easily clean your pet’s feet after their walks. It’s compact, light, and eco-friendly. No batteries required.
We also provide use of two dog towels, so you can fluff up their fur before they shake out onto you. Happy hiking!
Great food, lovely atmosphere, home brewed beers. Only 2 minutes walk from The Swiss Cottage. Indoor and outdoor seating.
Another friendly and relaxed pub on Market Place (Pickering’s high street). Darts and pool anyone? A lovely games room, but keep the dogs away from the balls.
Homemade soups, and some wholesome choices. They’re known for their Yorkshire breakfasts! So delicious.
Gourmet choice in Pickering, and welcoming well behaved pets. The extensive beer garden is great in the warmer months.
A Georgian establishment near the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. About 5 minutes walk from the cottage.
The Cedar Barn is on the outskirts of Pickering, to the East towards Scarborough. They have a big dog walking field to exercise your friends too. Some lovely local grown foods to take home and enjoy in The Swiss Cottage.